1. The program takes place during Hari Raya Aidiladha. How will my child meet his/her religious requirements?
We hope to incorporate the coincidence of Aidiladha into our program. As the campsite is located in a town called Janda Baik, Muslim students will have the opportunity to perform morning prayers with the Janda Baik community.
2. My child is in Year 9. Will they be able to attend this program?
Sorry, but our program is strictly limited to Form 4 or Year 10 students.
3. Will this help my chances of getting into UWC?
While the short course will definitely help you familiarize yourself with UWC values and give you a mini-version of what UWC would be like, your participation in the program will not guarantee a place in UWC.
4. When will I find out if I have gotten accepted into the course?
Applicants will receive their decision on the 1st of May 2018. They will have until the 16th of May 2018 to confirm their attendance and pay the deposit.
5. What will I need to do to confirm my spot?
You will be informed via email and will be asked to fill out additional forms that you will need to submit by the specified deadline (information will be in the acceptance email).
You will have to provide a RM 400 deposit to secure your place. This is to ensure your attendance at the course once you have confirmed your participation. This money will be returned to you in full on your last day of the course.
6. Will I get a certificate for joining this short course?
Yes, you will. UWC Malaysia Short Course is an officially accredited program by the United World College International Office.
7. What time do I need to arrive at KL Sentral on the 18th of August 2018?
You will need to be at KL Sentral by 12pm (noon). If you are arriving by flight (from the East Coast or East Malaysia) we will assist with arranging with navigating KL.